The dates are set for the most prestigious title in pool – the IPA World Championships, which will again be televised on Freesports.
The IPA World Championships are designed to find the best player in the World – its as simple as that. If you want to test yourself against the best, this is the place to do it. Long races, big prize money – can you handle the heat in front of a live, televised audience?
There are plenty of competitions taking place which are all open to anyone, which makes it the must attend event of the year. The schedule is designed so that there are no clashes of events, which means you can enter all the events you are eligible to enter.
Venue: The Bradford Hotel, Bradford
Dates: 4th – 9th February 2020
Closing Date for entry – 15th January 2020
Open – Pro £180, Amateur £90
Doubles – £100 per pair (Max 1 Pro – both players must be from same Country)
Seniors – £70 (Age 40+)
Ladies – £60
Mixed Doubles – £70 per pair
Entry is via the IPA shop
- Open – Best of 5 sets, each set the best of 7 frames
- Final – Best of 7 sets, each set best of 7 frames (Split session)
- Doubles – best of 12 (if 6-6, Blackball shootout)
- Seniors – best of 15
- Ladies – best of 3 sets, each set best of 7
- Mixed Doubles – best of 11
Schedule of events
The following is the general schedule of events. A more detailed schedule will be released with the draws.
- Sunday 2nd Feb – set up
- Monday 3rd Feb – Flyers/Practice
- Tuesday 4th Feb – Open singles (non seeds)
- Wednesday 5th Feb – Open singles, Doubles, Seniors
- Thursday 6th Feb – Open singles (inc seeds), Doubles, Seniors, Ladies
- Friday 7th Feb – Open singles (inc seeds), Doubles, Seniors, Ladies, Mixed
- Saturday 8th Feb –Semis & Final of Open & Ladies, Doubles, Mixed
- Sunday 9th Feb – Semis & Final, Seniors, Doubles, Mixed
Room rates: Players are requested to stay at the Hotel
- Twin/Double – £46pppn (inc breakfast)
- Single – £65pppn (inc breakfast)
All accommodation to be booked via the IPA shop.
- Open singles/Ladies – smart long-sleeved collared shirt (no waistcoats)
- Doubles – matching (colour) smart collared polo t shirts
- Seniors/Mixed – smart polo
- Individual sponsor logos are permitted unless in direct conflict with official IPA sponsors. If unsure please contact the IPA Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org
- IPA logo MUST be worn on either breast side of shirt/polo
Exclusive IPA shirts and polos are available with World Championship embroidery (including name) included (it is not compulsory to wear one of these):
Polos – £24 Colours available – Black, white, green, pink, maroon, red, grey, navy, sky blue, orange
Shirts – £30 Colours available – Black, white, light blue, pink