- Statement of intentFrom time to time, you will be asked to submit personal information about yourself (e.g. name and email address etc) in order to receive or use services on our website. Such services include newsletters, competitions, "Alert Email", live chats, message boards and ipapool.com membership. By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable the ipapool.com and its service providers to provide you with the services you select. Whenever you provide such personal information, we will treat that information in accordance with this policy. Our services are designed to give you the information that you want to receive. ipapool.com will act in accordance with current legislation and aim to meet current Internet best practice.
- What is a cookie?When you enter a site your computer will automatically be issued with a cookie. Cookies are text files that identify your computer to our server. Cookies in themselves do not identify the individual user, just the computer used. Many sites do this whenever a user visits their site in order to track traffic flows. Cookies themselves only record those areas of the site that have been visited by the computer in question, and for how long. Users have the opportunity to set their computers to accept all cookies, to notify them when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. The last of these, of course, means that certain personalised services cannot then be provided to that user. NB: Even if you have not set your computer to reject cookies you can still browse our site anonymously until such time as you register for ipapool.com services.
- Use and storage of your personal informationWhen you supply any personal information to ipapool.com (e.g. for competitions, ipapool.com Community services or ipapool.com membership) we have legal obligations towards you in the way we deal with that data. We must collect the information fairly, that is, we must explain how we will use it (see the notices on particular webpages that let you know why we are requesting the information) and tell you if we want to pass the information on to anyone else. In general, any information you provide to the ipapool.com will only be used within the ipapool.com and by its service providers. It will never be supplied to anyone outside the ipapool.com without first obtaining your consent, unless we are obliged or permitted by law to disclose it. Also, if you post or send offensive or inappropriate content anywhere on or to ipapool.com and ipapool.com considers such behaviour to be serious and/or repeated, ipapool.com can use whatever information that is available to it about you to stop such behaviour. This may include informing relevant third parties such as your employer, school or e-mail provider about the content and your behaviour. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as you use the service you have requested, and remove it in the event that the purpose has been met, or, in the case of ipapool.com membership you no longer wish to continue your registration as a ipapool.com member. For safety reasons, however, ipapool.com may store messaging transcript data (including message content, member names, times and dates) arising from the use of ipapool.com Community services such as Connector for a period of six months. Where personal information is held for people who are not yet registered but have taken part in other ipapool.com services (eg competitions), that information will be held only as long as necessary to ensure that the service is run smoothly. We will ensure that all personal information supplied is held securely, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. If you are notified on a ipapool.com site that your information may be used to allow the ipapool.com to contact you for "service administration purposes", this means that the ipapool.com may contact you for a number of purposes related to the service you have signed up for. For example, we may wish to provide you with password reminders or notify you that the particular service has been suspended for maintenance. We will not contact you for promotional purposes, such as notifying you of improvements to the service or new services on ipapool.com unless you specifically agree to be contacted for such purposes at the time you submit your information on the site, or at a later time if you sign up specifically to receive such promotional information.
- Access to your personal informationYou have the right to request a copy of the personal information the ipapool.com holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. (We charge £10 for information requests.) Please address requests to: email@example.com.
- Users 16 and underIf you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardians permission beforehand whenever you provide personal information to the ipapool.com website. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
- How to see your cookie codeJust click on a cookie to open it. You will see a short string of text and numbers. The numbers are your identification card, which can only be seen by the server that gave you the cookie.