IPA Ladies 2019
As the inaugural season for the IPA Ladies draws to a close at Hounslow 19th- 21st October we look forward to the 2019 season with excitement and anticipation. Interest is high and fuelled by the IPA Professionals raising the profile of our sport on a weekly basis on freesport tv with additional coverage on BBC Sport.
The 2018 IPA Champions Cup followed by the IPA Premier league has given the general public the opportunity to watch and enjoy some of the best the IPA has to offer in the comfort of their own homes.
The IPA has worked tirelessly for many years to bring this to fruition and now are looking to expand the ladies game similarly, aiming to ultimately set up the first Professional Ladies 8 ball Association in the future.
In 2019 the IPA Ladies section will double in size with 32 places available. The Ladies event will be held on the same weekend as the main IPA tour at each tour stop to add to the kudos with a total cost of 225 for all 5 events. (45 per tour) The Ladies event is a bespoke ladies event and all tour ladies will be expected to attend all 5 events.
Run on the unique IPA Ladies format, specially devised for the IPA last year every entrant is guaranteed 3 matches per tour stop, races to 5 in the group stages, followed by races to 6 upto the final which will be a race to 7. It is planned that every ladies final will be live streamed to the ever increasing IPA audience from all over the world.
Ranking points this year will be bought in line with the other IPA competitions bringing the ladies section one step closer to that professional status that it deserves. Top 8 in the rankings after Tour 5 will automatically qualify for the first ever IPA LADIES BLACKBALL PREMIER LEAGUE
With only 32 exclusive places available for 2019 to secure your chance to play at the highest level please pay a £50 non refundable deposit via the IPA shop and email Viv Ruscoe , the IPA Ladies Representative with your details and any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org asap.
Look out for the IPA Ladies Group on facebook. As any more information becomes available it will be posted on social media as well as the IPA website.
Make sure you are part of the growth of the IPA Ladies Section – increased coverage of the ladies game at this level can only strengthen the resolve to become recognised as Lady Professionals securing the future of the ladies game.
2019 IPA LADIES EVENT FORMATS
At each tour:
32 players are put into 8 groups of 4, each match best of 9 – each player guaranteed a minimum 3 matches.
1 point per frame won plus 1 bonus point for the match win determines group winner
Group winners progress to quarter finals
Quarter finals and semi finals race to 6
Quarter finals are randomly drawn Straight knockout to be played straight through to final to determine Tour Winner
Runner Up £250
Semi Finalists £125
Quarter Finalists £75
• If a tour player cannot make an event for extenuating circumstances she must contact ladies players representative asap and a reserve will be put in her place for that tour only as a direct replacement. No refunds will be given.
• The Ladies section is to be run on a league basis – All tour players must complete their 3 fixtures at each event.
• Reserve will be awarded any ranking points she accumulates and be positioned in the ranking system in her own right.
• £50 non refundable deposit must be paid by 31st Jan 2019 to secure a place – 2nd payment of £100 by tour 1 Balance of £75 by tour 2
• List of places held by lady players representative (Viv Ruscoe ) please email Viv on email@example.com with any questions / queries throughout the season
• Ladies do not have to stay in main hotel.
• Standard dress code applies to Lady players – smart polo / collared shirt with IPA / IPA Ladies logo, smart trousers or skirt and shoes. No jeans, trainers or patch pockets. It is compulsory to wear an IPA logo if playing on live strream or tv.
• Sponsors logos, websites and wordings are allowed if pre approved.
• Ladies must behave in a respectful professional manner at all times and are subject to IPA code of conduct.
• Each match will be allocated a start time – 20 min rule is in place 1 – 9 mins late -1 frame 10 – 19 mins late -3 frames 20 mins late – loss of match
• Ladies may also enter main Tour events
• IPA Ladies subject to IPA rules and regulations